Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

feeling back to my muchacha mary self..

to all of my readers:
i cannot thank you enough.
through the tears and the numbness you have touched my heart. you have refueled my smile, you have made me feel the warmth and love again. in life things may be hard and you may wonder why, but you just have to have faith that there is a reason for everything. things can only get better from here:)
love and laughter to you all<3


my deer followers.

balls! glorious christmas balls!

it's only weird if you talk back to them;)

the creepiest display ever!

he looks suspicious! 

cause i'm a pro piñata rider.

giddy up, reindeer piñata take me to glitter town!

hold your horses.

so your saying i'm getting an electric ear, nose and mustache groomer for christmas ayyyy?!

i can see mom, i can see!!

till your knuckles turn white.

haute hobo gaucho style.

take me to oz.

on mahh bodyy:
ozzie tee: hot topic, leggings: f21, cowbot boots: lariat from some cowboy shop in florida, green fringie sweater: t.j. maxx, bolo tie: thrifted find, gray hat: urban outfitters

nothing cheers me up like riding giant piñatas and talking to stuffed owls!!
i may have gone a little coo-coo, but we all deal with sadness in our own way.
laughter is my medicine.
being goofy is my medicine.
laughing at myself helps make me feel better.
i encourage you to laugh at yourself more often.
life is to short not be comfortable laughing at yourself.
embrace your inner 12 yr old;)
xM

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! This is "Melani", McKell's friend from the fashion show. We have more in common then we knew. If you ever want to talk to me about my experience, please call. I also had a hard time getting pregnant, and staying pregnant. We tried for 2 years, experienced a miscarriage at 10 weeks, had a "chemical pregnancy" (hate that term), and played the waiting game. We were blessed to have a baby born 7 months ago. Don't give up hope. Hope is a powerful thing and amazing things can happen if you believe. My source of strength came from God. I prayed to let His will preside over the situation, and whether that was for us to have children or not, I wanted Him to be in control of that and not me, because He knows what is the best path for us, and not what we desire. I prayed for His will to be the way. That was so freeing and comforting for me – to give it ALL to HIM. I do advise that you look out for your progesterone levels. When I got pregnant with my son, Tillman, I had my progesterone level checked along with the first pregnancy test at the doctors (I was probably 5 weeks or so. My level came back at 10 and my doctor (Dr. Durbin at Rocky Mountain OB in Layton) called me immediately and wanted me to get progesterone suppositories (she said, "we aren't gong to mess around with the oral medicine because I want it to absorb fast"). Then I had to go back 2 or 3 days later to get another progesterone level check. When that result came back she then added an oral progesterone in addition to the suppositories. I know that saved Tillman. I have heard and read about so many women not "maintaining" their pregnancies because of low progesterone levels (and I suspect many women have been pregnant without knowing but lost the pregancy early). I have become an advocate of women requesting (or demanding) progesterone level checks when they first learn they are pregnant. It's an inexpensive blood test and can save pregnancies, and there is no known adverse effect for taking progesterone while pregnant. The precaution of taking the test and the benefit outway any risk or cost. I took it my first trimester. I believe I was meant to go through the things I did to help other women. And then maybe me actually having a baby was for me to encourage other women and say, "If it is God's will, then it will be in His timing and not ours, so don't give up hope".
    "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for diaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."
    ~Jeremiah 29: 11-13
    May God bless you and your husband. You guys will be in my prayers. Stay your lovely positive self! xoxo - melanie

    ReplyDelete