Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

real talk 101: sobriety




Today marks 3 years of sobriety, for me that means 3 years of not a drop of alcohol. I was no where near an everyday alcoholic, I was more addicted to the social aspect of drinking and would wind up making bad choices. I'm not ashamed to say I had a problem, I am proud to say that I recognized the problem and have been strong enough mentally to never look back. I was scared to lose the me I thought people loved. The crazy, fun, partying, box wino, shot pourer, roady guzzler Mary. What I have learned is that I can still be that crazy fun Mary with out the influence of alcohol(even though people think I'm still drunk, I'm just naturally crazy hehe). I am more myself than I have ever been and that is who I like better and who others gravitate "truthfully" towards. The mask of liquid courage can not touch the ME I have become. In fact I have more courage with out alcohol, I feel free, I feel happy and even though I have gone through 3 incredibly hard years trying to conceive, unsuccessfully, I would never falter and chase my sadness away with a shot of whiskey. 
Problems don't fix problems. 
If you have a problem please know that you are not alone. 
If I can do it, so can you!! I promise that YOU are WORTH IT.  
It is a beautiful thing to feel life with out anything to mask it. 
Today's a new day, make something of it. 

*On a side note, people ask me why I am so open with my life..
Simple, I am not ashamed of who I am. I am not perfect.
Don't get me wrong, it's scary putting it all out there.. open for judgement and ridicule. 
But judge away, if that's your thang.. I have confidence in myself and no amount of hate or negative energy will ever break that.
We all make mistakes, it's what we do and learn from them that counts. 
If I can inspire or help someone who is feeling down and lost because of an addiction or a life problem, then me being so open is WORTH IT!  
One love my friends.
xM

No comments:

Post a Comment